Friday, October 21, 2011

Some Day

Being in college has it's disadvantages. And not being able to play the piano is one of the biggest ones.

Just look how gorgeous this one is!

And this one!



I swear, one day I will own one of these. Maybe I'll make it a condition of my engagement. That he has to buy me a grand piano. And I will have it in a room with lots of windows. Floor to ceiling windows. That way the sunlight can dance across the shiny surface. Maybe in a room like this.


Or this.


And my personal favorite. 
(Notice the amazing detail in the railing. And the stunning chandelier. A breathtaking entrance into any home.)


Yes. One day I will have a grand piano.


And of course I would just have to wear a big, elegant dress when I played.


I miss playing pieces by Jon Schmidt or various selections from musicals or the occasional pop song arrangement.

But I must force myself to be realistic. And to think like a college student on a college student's budget. So for now, I will have to be content with something like this.


And I promise I won't cringe too much when I play and I will make myself ignore the auto-tuned electric sound and try not to wish for the pure sounds that come from a real piano. I will just be grateful for the chance to make music (even if it does sound cheap).

I guess this is what 14 years of playing the piano will do to you. It makes you sit at home on a Friday night and lust after these gorgeously, stunning grand pianos.

And while I have you here, I want to share one of my favorite arrangements by Jon Schmidt with you. This is Love Story Meets Viva La Vida. It has got to be one of the greatest arrangements I have ever heard. Enjoy. And feel free to repeatedly press the repeat button... (I do).


Did you notice the Fazioli he plays? Did you? I think I'm in love.

xoxo
samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips