Tuesday, September 18, 2012

That Girl

Who am I?

I think that is a question a lot of people find themselves asking. For me, I have recently realized that I have evolved into a new person over the past few years. I am not the same person I was in high school and I use my name to differentiate between the person I used to be and the person I am now.

In my mind, Sammy and Samantha are two separate and very different people.
In high school, I was Sammy to everyone. I don't know what made me do it, but when I started college, I started introducing myself as Samantha. It was an unconscious change but I can trace my transformation back to that first introduction in my freshmen dorm. Since then, I have become Samantha and, starting recently, Sam.

I have had some amazing experiences and have met some incredible people who have made me who I am today.

Sammy
She was a shy, nerdy girl who didn't know how to act around guys. She was almost annoying naive and didn't realize all that that world had to offer. She was unsure of things and was worried about what other people thought of her. Life was a puzzle she hadn't figured out yet.

Samantha
She is a strong, independent woman. She has learned so much over the past few years and has become a better person because of it all and she wouldn't change those experiences for anything. Now she is the happiest she has ever been and looks to the future with excitement at the thought of all she can do. Life hasn't happened how she expected it to; it has turned out even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips