Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer Vacays

It's been an incredible summer. I went to Canada twice and spent a weekend in Vegas all within 6 weeks. Now that I've been home for a few weeks, I feel like I'm finally starting to get caught up on life. It's so nice to sleep in my own bed again and to not be living out of a suitcase.

I'm loving my new office. We had the grand opening for our new facility the day I left for my second trip to Canada. It was a huge success and almost filled to capacity. We had the city mayor speak as well as some executives from the company. The ribbon cutting went off without a hitch and tours of the building followed. It was a crazy day and our new building is amazing. There really is no comparison.

Canada trip #1 was busy. We were staying at a friend's house during a wedding so I tried as much as possible to not be in the way. We were able to celebrate Canada Day there and do a little sigh-seeing at Fort Edmonton Park.








Canada trip #2 was a little more relaxing. I got to spend time with a lot of family that I hadn't seen for a few years. We went kayaking, toured Waterton, took a day trip to Calgary to see Wicked, visited Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump (fun fact: back in the day Indians used to hunt buffalo by herding them off the edge of a cliff!), watched movies, celebrated my birthday! I've lost count of how many birthdays I have spent in Canada over the years.







Although all my summer vacations are over, my life hasn't really slowed down. Just busy with different things. But that's life and I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips