Monday, August 22, 2011

I Can't Wait To Meet Her

Jumping head first into the unknown is scary.  And intimidating.  But it's good for us.  It teaches us things about ourselves we never knew before.  Trying new things provides insight into life and it's purpose.  Growing and learning is a natural part to life so it only makes sense that trying new things is essential.  But sometimes, when life gets really scary, we hold back and don't let ourselves push our boundaries.  And that, my friends, is the truly scary part.  Those moments when we are too afraid to allow ourselves to grow and slowly evolve into a new person.  We may be scared for many different reasons.  Maybe you are worried about what others will think.  Or maybe it is something you never believed you would have to face and now it is right there in front of you.  Or maybe it's the uncertainty surrounding the haze of the unknown.  Whatever the reason may be, it is in those moments that we really learn the most about ourselves.  In those moments that we are faced with the decision of pressing through it or finding a different path through life.  But I am certain that the alternate paths will be less rewarding and less satisfying.  Once we start down one of the 'easier' paths, we are forced to life with the regret and all of the "what if's" and unfortunately, there is no rewind button in life.  We are left with no choice but to keep pressing forward on this new path we have chosen.

A new school year is just about to start and I am anxious to see where life will take me in the next twelve months.  I know without a doubt that I will be, in no shape or form, the same person I am today.  Both the good and bad times will re-define me and I only hope that despite all the differences I will emerge a better person.  And I can't wait to meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips