Saturday, June 15, 2013

Most People

When I graduated high school, I had a plan. I knew what I wanted and I had a good idea of when certain things would happen. As life progressed, I realized that things weren't going the way I had hoped. It's not that things were going bad, they were just different.

I had planned on graduating college in four years because that's what most people do. I did it in three.

I thought I would get married while I was in school because that's what most people do. But then I graduated at early and realized it's defintely okay not to be married at this point.

I never thought I would move back in with my parents. But I am grateful for them letting me do so.

I am not "most people" and I don't have to do what everyone else is doing. And I shouldn't feel bad that I'm doing what what they are doing. I am doing things a little different. So I'm not disappointed that I'm not where I had planned I would be at this point. Somewhere along the way I took a different path that took me in a different direction. Now I am making a new plan for myself. New goals. Where do I want to be in five years? Graduate school? Living a new adventure in a different part of the country? Starting a family? Beginning a great career?

I'm excited to see what life brings!

xoxo,
sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips