Sunday, June 30, 2013

What I learned in college

My time at Utah State were some of the best years of my life. I think that it was there that I grew the most and had the experiences that I hold most dear. I learned so much more than what was taught in the classrooms. I grew as a person and learned things about myself and life.

1. I am a person of worth.

Self-esteem has always been something I've struggled with. The friends I made in college are some of the greatest I've ever had and have shown me that I do have something to offer the world. They are the people who helped me realize that I am a person of worth. Those friends are some of the closest I've ever had.

2. Family is extremely important and will be there for me no matter what.

I'm not going to lie, I was excited to move away to Logan. But I soon began to miss my family. It was hard to be away from them and I missed concerts and birthdays. It was weird for me. But they never stopped loving me. Whenever I came through the front door for a weekend visit, my brother would come running with a big smile on his face and give me a hug. It was the sweetest.

3. I can do things on my own.

I am not one to ask for help or to admit defeat. I am happy that I was able to support myself and make dinners and keep a (some what) clean apartment. I was able to manage my own time and didn't need my parents to remind me to do things. I can succeed at life on my own. Shout out to independence.

4. My future is bright.

While at college, my eyes were opened to all the exciting opportunities I have. I never quite realized what the real world had to offer and what I could contribute to the world. I am incredibly excited for the future and I know that I am prepared to tackle whatever life throws at me.


xoxo,
sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips