Sunday, January 29, 2012

What A Great Day!

In one word, today was amazing!


Like seriously you guys, it was awesome. Church was just what I needed. In sacrament there was this quote:

"Be of good cheer. Your future is as bright as your faith." ~Pres. Monson

I have heard that quote before somewhere, but today it really hit me. Because last night I had a mini freak-out about my life. I was applying for internships and realized that I don't have to much applicable experience that would make someone want me as intern. Sure, I have had a job since I was 16, but being a gymnastics coach doesn't mean anything to a PR firm. Needless to say I was a little worried. But at this point there isn't a whole lot I can do. That's what I thought until I went to church this morning. If I start reading my scriptures and praying again that my faith will increase and I know I will be blessed for it.

And if that wasn't enough, Sunday School was just as good. It was about the BOM which made me want to start reading it even more. Then Relief Society was combined with the men and take a guess about what the lesson was about. You guessed it! The BOM! I was so ready to start my new goal by the end of church.

My afternoon was spent with my amazing roommates. Singing, pudding and YouTube. We had a lot of good laughs. Oh, and nail painting may or may not have occurred.


Some boys invited us over to their place for dinner. They cooked us a wonderful meal complete with a pot roast and potatoes. And followed it up with Better Than You-Know-What Cake. 

The Spectrum was almost filled to capacity today. There was a fireside that Elder Ballard spoke at. And guess what the main theme was? Joseph Smith. I think someone up above was trying to send me a message today. Message received!



After walking home in the cold tonight, I couldn't wait to put on some comfy sweats and make some hot chocolate.


Good night everyone! And don't forget to smile just because today was a great day!

xoxo,
Sam

1 comment:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips