Saturday, December 22, 2012

I'll be home for Christmas

I finally get to go home for the Christmas break tomorrow. Maybe that will make it feel more like Christmas. Despite the holiday decorations and Christmas shopping, I'm not feeling very Christmas-y. I'm having a hard time realizing that Christmas is in two days. Well one really if you begin the festivities on Christmas Eve like my family does. It's weird for me to think that in a few short days, Christmas will be over. I definitely missed the Christmas season this year.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I am still in Logan in an empty -- well, nearly empty apartment. I'm pretty sure there's a roommate or two still around but I can't be sure because I never see anyone. So I'm still in Logan and working. I am working full time over the break and it sucks. My job can be so incredibly boring sometimes. Most of the time, actually.

Or maybe it's because I missed out on a lot of the family Christmas traditions this year. I missed concerts and plays, service projects and breakfast with Santa. And I haven't even made it to Temple Square to see the lights yet. I'm not sure if it's going to happen at this point but my fingers are crossed.

Or maybe it's it's because I've missed out on all the Christmas preparation. Decorating the house, putting up the Christmas trees, setting up the nativity. One of my favorite Christmas-y things to do is watch my dad watch Christmas Vacation. Seriously, though. Watching him watch it is one of the most entertaining things and is sometimes better than watching the movie itself. Maybe I can talk him in to watching it again with me. Despite the countless times he has seen it, the reaction is always the same: uncontrollable laughter.

I'm really not the Scrooge this all makes me sound like. I really do love Christmas. I just wasn't able to do all the things I look forward to every year. I did get to see The Forgotten Carols with my family last week. That's probably been the highlight of my Christmas season. I love the message it shares and it's a wonderful way to spend a winter evening with the family.

So tomorrow I am heading south to my parents' house for the holidays. And you better believe that I am going to make the sure the next three days are jam-packed with Christmas cheer.

xoxo,
sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips