Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Looking Forward

There couldn't possibly be a better way to wake up.  My morning started with the sun shining in through the narrow slits of the window blinds.  Despite going to bed so late, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to take on a new day filled with lectures and homework.  

While sitting in my Social Welfare class and struggling to pay attention to the professor drone on about something or other, I realized something.  Something both exciting and daunting.  There is less than a month until the completion of my first year at college! That's where the exciting part comes in.  However, that means that my life is about to become extremely busy.  As if it wasn't busy enough already.  For instance, in the next 7 days, I will be working about 40 hours! Add on top of that all my classes and homework.  And add on top of all studying for finals.  Finals!!!  I bet if I looked up 'stress' in a thesaurus that 'finals' would be the very first entry.  If not, it should be.  How do you get a word added to a thesaurus?

I just need to get through the next couple weeks and I will be home-free (at least for a few months).  After finals, I plan on returning to L-Town for about a week.  Me and my mom will be tackling a big project.  Re-decorating the family room.  But I'm excited.  Decorating is my kind of my secret obsession.  I love browsing home decorating catalogs and googling the recent decorating trends.  And living on-campus has really limited my decorating.  No paint, no nails, no holes, nothing permanent, and well, you get the idea.

After that, I will be moving into my new apartment with Ashley.  And then bring on the life of a boring, old, working adult.  It will be my first time working 40 hours (possibly more if I get a second job) a week.  So yes, I am slightly nervous about that.  But that is what we wish for as a child, isn't it?  To be big and do big people things.  Well that time is here and I am sort of wishing to go back to childhood.

On a different note.  I have decided to change my major, yet again.  This time will be the last time (here's to hoping, right?)  I am now a JCOM major with an emphasis in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing.  Wow!  That's a mouthful!  And with this new plan, I should graduate in just about two more years!  Imagine being graduated at age 20 with a bachelor's degree.  That's going to be me!  Maybe there is a upside to having such a late birthday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips